Lenthall Infant and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils. The staff, governors and volunteers are expected to demonstrate this commitment in all aspects of their work. The school follows the procedures established by Derbyshire County Council and Keeping Children Safe in Education (KSIE) published by the DFE.
We aim to achieve this through:
- Establishing and maintaining an environment where all children feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Training and educating staff to identify welfare concerns and to understand the appropriate measures to follow to address their concerns.
- Ensuring children know that there are adults within school to whom they can talk to if they are worried or concerned.
- Providing opportunities for children to develop skills to recognise and stay safe from abuse.
- The welfare of each child is paramount, however we at Lenthall Infant and Nursery recognise that some children may be especially vulnerable to abuse, e.g those with special educational needs, those living in adverse circumstances and children who have been witness to violence.
You can read our safeguarding policies by downloading the school statement and policy.
Follow this link to the Derbyshire Safeguarding Children Board:
Keeping Children Safe in Education
What to do if you are worried about a child being abused
Extremism and PREVENT
Guidance for Safer Working Practice
Lenthall safeguarding policy
DFE The Prevent Duty
Departmental advice for schools and childcare providers
County Lines Guidance