At Lenthall Infant and Nursery School, our assessment aims to ensure all children make excellent progress through high-quality teaching and learning, underpinned by our belief that all children can succeed. Children’s progress is closely monitored to ensure we provide the best possible opportunities and the highest levels of support for all children.
We want to challenge our children to become independent learners who take ownership of their learning. We want them to become deep thinkers who can apply their knowledge and skills to a range of contexts, within the school and in real-life situations.
The aims of our assessment are:
- To enable our children to show what they know, understand, and can do and also develop an understanding of how they learn.
- To motivate our children to become reflective learners.
- To help our children understand what they need to do next to improve their learning.
- To allow teaching staff to plan work that accurately reflects the needs of each child.
- To provide regular information for parents that enable them to support their child’s learning.
- To ensure that accurate use of assessment allows children to fulfil their potential.
- To use the outcomes of assessments to check and support our teaching standards and improve practice.
- To ensure a consistent approach to assessment.
- To provide the headteacher and governors with information that allows them to make judgements about the effectiveness of the school and plan for future improvements.
- to monitor and record the attainment and progress of individuals, groups, and cohorts of children.
Learners need endless feedback more than they need endless teaching.